PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Week 9

WEEK9

one girl
one day
this scarf...
she feels a friendship
wrapped around her
from a far-away place
and there are no words to describe her thankfulness.
from this place of expanse
there comes a soft voice...
a whisper of belief,
someone telling her
there is power in her thoughts.
she will be brave,
she will seek peace,
and she will smile.

2YearsLater

This poem and picture are dedicated to my dear online friend Dani. She made the scarf for me and I absolutely love it and wanted to do something a little different to say thanks to her. She is the soft voice that whispers from the “place of expanse”…the internet. It is amazing to me that even though we are so far apart physically, with the help of the internet, she has become one of my dearest friends. She encourages me to be brave. And two years later she still has the same effect on me. She trusts me as an artist and let me design her blog for her, which was a joy to do. She is someone that I can talk to and bounce anything off of and she will always be there to listen. We talked on the phone for the first time recently, and her voice was just as I imagined it would be…kind and soulful. I am glad to have Dani as a friend. And thankful for the reminders of her friendship that surround me: my scarf, my blue glass heart, her portrait above my computer, the page she made for me hanging on my wall, and all the emails we’ve shared through the years.

Do you have friends you’ve made online that you cherish?
How do you say thank you to your friends?
What’s the best way you’ve found to stay close?

line2

Wondering about this post? I am sharing my 52weeks project from 2010 each week on my blog and analyzing the image and the poem with fresh eyes two years later. For an explanation of the project and to start at the beginning click HERE.

2 comments: