PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Our new family member

So this happened last week…

Gibson1

We got a puppy!! Chris and I have been talking about getting a puppy for awhile. After everything that transpired with the puppy we used to have, Spencer, we knew we wanted our situation to be just right before we moved forward with finding the dog for us. And everything came together this week!

Gibson2

Chris found a local Miniature Schnauzer breeder who had two puppies available. We went and visited them on Thursday night and I fell in love with this little salt and pepper boy. He is so sweet, very affectionate, has the best personality and fell asleep on my chest. I couldn’t get him out of my mind. My parents were staying with us for the weekend and they helped us to make the decision, purchase him and get him comfortable in our house. It was really special to have them here for the whole process. They have a mini schnauzer named Tucker, and he has a special place in my heart and was a big reason why we went with this breed of dog.

We decided to name him Gibson…like the guitar. He is pretty stinkin’ cute!

Gibson4

I’m so excited to have a little one running around underfoot. He’s very playful and comical and cuddly….all the things you’d expect a puppy to be.

He’s been the best part of 2013 so far, hands down! Yay for being “puppy parents!”

Gibson3

I’m looking forward to sharing some good Gibson stories here on my blog. I’m sure he’ll be very entertaining, and the companion that we’ve been searching for.

Thanks for sharing in our excitement!!

13 comments:

  1. He is soooo cute.. We need to get Cuzco a puppy passport so that they can have a play date :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so fun!! :) He plays really well with other dogs, even though he's still so small. We'd love to have you guys come for a visit!

      Delete
  2. I grew up with a mini schnauzer. Got her from the humane society when we were very young, and she was with us until I was in college. They are by far the best breed of dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats good decision, i love those dogs- my cousin had one for 13 years! He is adorable and take lots of pictures to share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so adorable! Awwww!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He IS so stinkin' cute! We love our puppy and know you will too. Once they become part of the family there is no going back:) Nice to meet you Gibson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, goodness...he's so stinkin' CUTE!!!!! That ALMOST makes me want a new puppy! almost...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaw, what a cutie!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I am sure this will all work out. Love his name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, Gibson!! He's soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gibson is soooo adorable!!! Just wait - you're going to come up with all sorts of nicknames! I'll start with "The Gibster" :)

    ReplyDelete