PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 05, 2012

A week to remember

I am back to work today after an amazing week of training in Spokane. It was great to be in the city again for a bit and I am so excited to be a part of the team at Horizon Credit Union. I had fun getting back into the swing of dressing up a bit and wearing professional clothes again, so I wanted to share my outfits from the week.

trainingoutfits

I wore my new favorite blazer on Monday… I just love how it fits. And then I found some cute purple pants at Target, so I wore those on Thursday. Everything I wore was from Maurices, Target and Burlington Coat Factory. Those are my favorite stores. And if you look closely you might notice the other new thing that I got on Tuesday night: a new phone! I was due for an upgrade so I went ahead and got the Samsung Galaxy S III. I have a hard time with letting go of things (even when they barely work anymore…) so it took some convincing and a really good deal for me to make the switch. But I am so happy with my new phone!

I also took the opportunity of my time in the city to meet up with some of my friends that live there. And go to my favorite (and new favorite) restaurants. My nights were full of great food and encouraging conversations and my days were full of learning.

training

I know that this last week will be on that I remember for a long time. I felt like I was coming home and starting anew all at the same time. I love the financial industry and the values and member service based philosophy of this credit union. I think its going to be a very good fit for me and my personality.

The group that I was in training with was awesome. We had a lot of fun together and left with so many inside jokes and many important lessons: like remembering to check the expiration date on your cans of pop. Winking smile I felt like a valuable member of the team at Horizon from day one and my skills and knowledge of the industry were utilized at training. I was able to help explain federal regulations and reporting, bring money handling and customer service experience to the table and it made me feel so good. I learned a lot from the instructors and made some new friends. “Yeah Buddy!”

It was such a terrific week!

And now I’m back home with Chris (thank goodness!) and in my branch again working with members. I am grateful for this opportunity and can’t wait to watch life and my new career flourish.

line2

What’s your favorite thing to wear when you dress up?
Do you have dreams of making a change in your life?
What’s holding you back from moving onward and upward?
I’d love to hear about your experiences with changes…

9 comments:

  1. I wish I would have known you were in Spokane! Looks like you ate at some amazing places! Did you eat at Black Angus? I work for a credit union in Spokane so everyday I have to dress up and I would say my black pants and my sweater tops are my favorite! I love my logo wear as well incase I wake up late or can't decide it decides for me! Congrats on the new job, glad training went well and all is good with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did go to Black Angus!! I had never been there before either and loved it. I called Chris to give me tips on which cut of meat to order and I so enjoyed my whole dinner. I can't wait to get my logo wear soon and have that as an option. And hopefully I'll be able to order a couple more shirts here soon. :) Thanks for the encouragement and I'll let you know next time I'm in Spokane!

      Delete
  2. I love the stripes in your outfits, but even moreso, I LOVE that you did your hair differently each day. That's so awesome! Oh, and to answer your question.... I don't feel "dressed up" until I've got earrings on. And the sparklier and danglier, the better.... Congrats again on such a great change in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela. :) I'm going to take your suggestion and pick up a new pair of sparkly earrings. Glad you like the stripes....they're my favorite. And I've been having a lot of fun with my hair this style. So many things I can try with it.

      Delete
  3. My favorite thing to wear dressed up are structured dresses and high heels. I could own a million of them. I dream of moving to Africa permanently. Holding us back is debt and getting my photography business to a point where I can leave Canada and still work steady. There ya go I answered for once thats how dedicated I am lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on the heels thing...I've found that wearing heels again instantly makes me walk stronger and present myself as more of a professional. :) I hope one day you will meet your dream and move to Africa. Of anyone I know personally, I could totally see you doing it. :D

      Delete
  4. Your outfits are adorable! :D and I have to say, I have the same length hair as you and I never realized all the styles I could rock at this length! Thanks for showing me the light :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Traci! I have had a lot of fun with this style figuring out and trying new ways to do it. I found a cute short hair braid tutorial that I'm hoping to try soon. Have fun!

      Delete
  5. you have such cute outfits. hope its going well.

    ReplyDelete