PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 7

WEEK7

to learn
and love
and laugh...
is to live.
-- still
I tread lightly over
sensitive subjects
and imagine in "what ifs"
it is not to be daring.
it is not to be brave.
it is to be.

2YearsLater

The beginning line of this poem came from a song that I was singing in the performance of Razia’s Shadow that Chris and I were doing in 2010. Of all the songs and words from that musical those ones stuck with me, and still touch my heart. That is what life is all about: to learn and love and laugh. I wanted the portrait that accompanied this poem to have a bit of mystery to it…to have a slight ‘other-world’ feel to match the other world I was a part of at the theater. I wanted to reveal a bit of who I was becoming during that time, through acting on stage and rediscovering the artist within me. There will always be those who question or don’t understand the decisions you make in your life or the paths that you choose, and that’s where the part about treading lightly over sensitive subjects comes from. I have always had a hard time with trying to meet everyone else’s expectations. But when I took this picture I was figuring out what my expectations for my life were. Who I wanted to be. The path that I chose lead me to where I am today, and I wouldn’t trade the lessons learned for anything. I have learned. I have loved. And I have laughed.

line2Wondering about this post? I am sharing my 52weeks project from 2010 each week on my blog and analyzing the image and the poem with fresh eyes two years later. For an explanation of the project and to start at the beginning click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. This post resonates with me so much right now. I love how you say "rediscovering the artist within" you. I am going through that at this moment and it is cool to see the project you are doing. I loveeee the poem too!!! The picture is really beautiful too. This sticks with me:
    "I tread lightly over
    sensitive subjects
    and imagine in "what ifs"
    it is not to be daring.
    it is not to be brave.
    it is to be."

    ReplyDelete