PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Lone Start Love Potion

This was the most recent production at Masquers Theater in Soap Lake. It was a hysterical comedy with lots twists and turns and surprises. Chris and I really enjoyed it and laughed so hard!

Here are some of my favorite shots from the play.

LoneStar1LoneStar2LoneStar3LoneStar4

The basic premise is that the owner of a big huge ranch in Texas dies and everyone gathers for the reading of the will. The niece inherits the ranch, but the butler, Jarvis is allowed to stay and live there for the rest of his life. Jarvis then brings out a bottle and a letter all about this formula for a love potion. The twist is that it works backwards, making the person who drinks it completely irresistible to those who smell them. The sample of the love potion gets tried out on different people throughout the play with hysterical results.

The other cool thing about this production is that I was invited to design the program for the play. I worked with my friend Holli and put together some great western elements. Here are a couple of the pages I created. So proud of how this turned out.

LoneStar5

I love being included in things at the theater. This was a fun one to work on. I’m going to be taking the headshots for the next play tonight, and will be doing that program too. Excited for these little jobs and the experience.

GreyLine

Do you enjoy local theater?
What is your favorite play?
Do you like comedy or drama or musicals the best?

1 comment:

  1. I was an avid thespian in my high school/college days. I still enjoy a good play at the local theatre every now then. I wish I had more time for it. This one looks very funny! The list of the plays I love is endless but I particularly had fun performing anything by Shakespeare, Into the woods and Rhinoceros.

    Love your blog btw! =)

    ReplyDelete