PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Life Lately

LifeLately

Life lately…yeah, I think now is a good time for a post like this. My life has been crazy lately! But mostly crazy good.

I have been able to spend a ton of time with my mom this last month and its been such a treat. There were hard circumstances that brought me there but we took full advantage of the chance to visit. We talked and we painted our nails and we did mom’s hair and bought cute earrings. It was hard to be away from Chris for so many days, but a treasure to spend time with my mom. She’s such an amazing woman, and I only wish we lived closer and could spend more time together.

At the beginning of September I gave my two-week’s notice at the credit union and took the position of Project Administrator that was created for me at NICA. I have enjoyed working for NICA for almost 2 years now, and my boss and I make a really good team. We’ve got a lot of big projects in the works and she wanted me completely on board, not splitting my time between the 2 jobs. So she made me this amazing offer and I’m still a bit in shock that this is what I do now! NICA is a non-profit organization and I’m so excited to be coordinating classes, creating and curating curriculum, updating our website and staying on top of our social media campaigns, and so much more. I’m the admin for our flooring apprenticeship program and all the behind the scenes stuff for the company. There are exciting times ahead of me here where I will be able to use my creativity, my passion for people and multitasking skills to their full potential. This is my first full week, and I’m loving it already! I was with the credit union for almost a full year, and I know I will miss everyone there. I learned a lot and enjoyed being a part of such a great company. They got me flowers and a card on my last day to say goodbye. So sweet.

Chris and I are rocking our weight loss!! Chris is down 90lbs and I’m down 55lbs. It has been an amazing journey together and its brought us so much closer. I am proud of the progress we’ve made and excited for what’s to come. Being healthy feels so good!

And finally…we bought a new car!!! It’s a 2012 VW Beetle. I’ve named her Golden. Chris found her online and we drove 4 hours to get her. We got such a good deal…she has under 4000 miles, heated leather seats, Bluetooth and is sooo much fun to drive! I’ve wanted a Bug since forever…but especially since my dad gave me a toy one as a gag graduation present. I’m so glad that everything worked out and now I get to drive this darling car everyday. I love the retro styling and that the inside dash is yellow too. It just makes me smile!

So there are some of the things in my life lately. I’m feeling eager for autumn and getting settled into all these new changes, but I’m happy. Really, really happy. Grateful for the big things and all the everyday little things too. Like Thomas Hammer coffee when I was visiting my mom, and being able to go on a long drive with my dad and just talk; taking Gibson with me to work everyday and seeing my husband reach his goals. And wearing size 14 pants again! Man that feels good!

What’s new with you?

GreyLine

#blogtember

Day 15 Prompt: A ‘life lately’ post. What you’re up to and how you’re feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new job, Shaina! It sounds so exciting! And the weightloss, amazing! So happy for you two! I'm glad you got to spend some time with your mom! Enjoy your Beatle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your blog! I am so happy that today I found it again! I love that you're doing something you love, and I am even more excited about your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete