PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, July 29, 2013

Kip and Brenna’s Central Washington Wedding

I got a text from my friend Brenna a couple weeks before her wedding…she had a favor to ask me. Her wedding photographer was not going to be available anymore for her wedding and she was hoping I would be up for the task. I happily brought along my camera to take pictures for them.

Kip and Brenna’s relationship started out as a prank phone call…a text message with a picture of a creepy guy with a mullet and a mustache and some story about modeling for her. And what started out a little strange turned into lots of text messages and phone calls across the country and then a visit down to Georgia. He was a friend of her friend and this friend was right in thinking they’d hit it off. He’s now moved to central Washington to join her and they began their life as husband and wife on June 15.

Here are some of my favorites from their day.

KipBrenna1KipBrenna2

This was my first time shooting a “First Look” moment where the bride and groom have a private moment before the ceremony to see each other. I love the look on Kip’s face when he turns around. So proud to be marrying her.

KipBrenna3KipBrenna4

This wedding party was just a blast! Brenna’s sister Abi and I have been friends for years and Chris and I were actually in her wedding back in 2009. So this almost felt like a reunion! It was a blast to see old friends and meet new ones from Georgia. We had a lot of fun.

KipBrenna5KipBrenna6KipBrenna7

The ceremony was held at a local Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses. One of the best parts of this location is that its set up for meetings in ASL so there are cameras in the ceiling and large TV screens at the front. Kip and Brenna utilized these during their ceremony and it was so neat to be able to see their faces and expressions throughout even though they had their backs to the audience. Such a great idea!

KipBrenna8KipBrenna9KipBrenna10

This gorgeous day is one of the best days of my summer so far. I was so honored to be asked to photograph the wedding. They are such a special and beautiful couple.

KipBrenna11KipBrenna12KipBrenna13

Congratulations my dear friends. May your life be full of love and happiness. Thanks for asking me to be behind the camera for your special day.

4 comments:

  1. How awesome! Love the pics...especially the ones where they first see each other! What part of Georgia is he from? We have lots of friends in several congregations down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where from Georgia he is from... You have friends everywhere!! ;) Thanks for your kind words about my images. It was a pretty special day.

      Delete
  2. Amazing photos! :) Well done. What a gorgeous wedding a great, happy bride and groom. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kim. I've very pleased with how they turned out, and the bride and groom love them, so that is good too. Hehe! :)

      Delete