PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, May 25, 2012

Embrace Today

Today I am struggling...yesterday was one of those days that leaves you breathless in its wake.  My heart racing, palms sweating, feeling actually ill from the stress.  After finally falling asleep last night I found myself waking in a panic with the same anxiety washing over me anew.  But it is out of my hands... I did all I can do.  And dwelling on it and worrying about it and bringing yesterday's turmoil with me into today is not how I want to live. How can I let the problems of yesterday keep me from celebrating today for the beautiful gift that it is?  I need to be proactive in fighting against the tendency I have to borrow from yesterday's worries.  So how will I do this? First I let myself sleep an extra hour - I woke up and reset my alarm.  Then when I did wake up I called and talked to Chris.  He knows how I am...and he kindly tries to remind me to let it go.  There is nothing I can do to change what happened, but I don't need to let it negatively effect me moving forward.  He's right - celebrating the everyday is a mindset and a way of life.  It is a choice each day.  So today I choose to write about my struggle...and then I'll turn the page and wholly embrace today.  

I am reminded of my favorite scripture: 
"Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead." -Phil 3:13

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Awwww...hope everything gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I've been having a rough time of it the past couple of days as well. I just keep taking deep breaths and reminding myself that these feelings shall pass and not every day is going to be stellar. In the infamous words of Dory from Finding Nemo, "Just keep swimming."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard a quote recently that said: "Not everyday will be good, but there will be something good in every day." We just do our best to focus on the good stuff right? And yes...just keep swimming. :)

      Delete
  3. I wish I knew what was going on, so I could offer advice or just an ear to listen, however I hope you feel better soon, gorgeous lady. I have definitely had days/nights like this and I have a VERY hard time letting go... Especially when I feel I should have said more, done more, defended myself better, etc. I constantly re-has the situation over and over and over again. Than I pop a Klonopin, snuggle Jen and try to focus on happiness. I hope you can do that too (focus on happiness, I mean!)

    Good luck! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your thoughtfulness and kind words, Angie. Its work stuff that I'm dealing with, and sometimes I have a hard time leaving work at work. :P I'm trying my best to focus on happiness...that's why I'm so glad to have this blog.

      Delete