PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

invitations and a little peek

We are back from vacation and while I'm wading through editing pictures from the wedding and our visit to New England, I thought I'd do a little peek here on my blog.  I did a morning after brunch slide-show and these are three of my favorite images I shared with the small group of friends and family that the bride and groom had invited.




It was a beautiful day full of love, friendship and gorgeous weather... literally the nicest day Halifax had seen all summer.  This group was a blast to get to know and hang out with while taking pictures and in the days just before the wedding.  Chris and I were completely welcomed and we felt like part of the gang in no time.

Since the wedding is now over, I would also like to share today the invitations that I designed for this wedding.  They're quite non-traditional, but I think they match Katie and Cody perfectly.




These are the first invitations I've designed for someone else and the process was so enjoyable.  I based the color scheme off of one of my sunset pictures and pulled grey, purple and yellow out and sent my ideas to Katie.  It worked out perfectly because she was already planning on wearing a grey wedding dress (AMAZING!) and she ended up doing the bride's maid dresses in the purple color.  I think we make a good team, and I'm so proud of what we created together.

And let me tell you, it was a little surreal going into people's houses in Halifax and seeing these up on their refrigerators. :)

I'll share much more about the wedding once Katie and Cody have seen all the images.  And look for a post all about our vacation sometime this week.  We had such an amazing time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment