PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

blog designing

I have had the honor of working on a brand new blog design for the lovely Laura and wanted to share the finished product.  She got the amazing news that she will be part of the brand new Design Team for Scrapbooking from the Inside Out starting next month, and felt it was a great time to create an online home that was just right for her.

I was so excited for her, and eager to get started.  First we walked through the steps of figuring out exactly what she was wanting from her blog.  She wanted  a place to share her projects, stories from her life and causes she feels strongly about.  She sent me links to her favorite blogs and and told me what she loved about them and we discussed ways to implement features and designs in a unique way just for her.  Then I worked creating a mood board with the thoughts I had and elements I'd sourced that I thought she would like.  And once we hammered out a few details, like fonts, colors and page specifics, I created and then launched her brand new blog:  Progress, Not Perfection.
I love the organic elements with unexpected colors, and the little bio in the sidebar.  I sure love how it turned out, and I think Laura likes it too. :)

This was my very first time working in Typepad.  I was so fortunate that Laura took a chance on me and let me use her blog a bit as a guinea pig project.  I learned a ton about the Typepad dashboard and did a bunch of coding for the design elements.  It was an adventure learning something new, and I really appreciate the opportunity that Laura gave me.

Anyone else out there eager for a new design??  I would love to work with you to create an online home just perfect for you.  Click HERE for more information.  I hope to hear from you soon!  And now I do Typepad blogs too!

No comments:

Post a Comment