PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

sharing self-portraits

i am excited and honored to share one of my portraits featured today over on Sarah Rhoads's photography blog.  she did a two part post featuring some incredible self-portrait artists.  so much raw ART over there.  im image #57.  see the post HERE.

sarah and her husband chris work together as photographers and i simply adore their work.  take some time to peek around their blog and website while you're there. 

and today is a very special day for another reason too.  i have completed my entire 52weeks project for the year 2010!!  i took my last self-portrait this morning.


the beginning and the end collide in this space
and i find myself fulfilled.
this journey has come full circle.
from a desire to learn 
to a knowledge that there really is no end to learning
from a place of bravery 
to the acceptance of my limitations
but also my talents, and my beauty 
and my worthiness. 
I believe I have accomplished my goal: 
to capture and portray myself
and then it all~ 
preserved in 4x6.

thank you so much to everyone who has supported me throughout this year and throughout this project.  i am now working on finishing up my book that i am planning on self-publishing through Blurb to make it available for purchase.  more info on that once its complete.

today is a good day for the art of self-portraits.:)

thanks for letting me share.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes congrats on the 52 weeks!
    will you start another project in the new year? i think i will start a 52 weeks or 365... i don't know about the 365, i am terrible with commitments. all the best in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the feature and on "finishing" (cuz I know that once you start something like this "finishing" is really not what happens!) I love your poem today! Its amazing!

    ReplyDelete