PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

The beginning of “Blogtember” and where I am from

BlogtemberImage

This month Jenni, from Story of my Life blog is hosting another blogging challenge like the one she did in May. I really enjoyed the prompts and getting back to the heart of why I love to blog: I love to write. And so I thought I’d give it another go and join in for #blogtember.

Today’s prompt is “Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places and/or the factors that make up who you are.” I immediately thought of this poem I wrote a couple years ago during my 52weeks project. These are the words that describe what I’m from and I’m glad to share them again today.

GreyLine

Iamfrom

I am from the far north
from sawmills and broken hearts
that will heal eventually.
I am from two homes
from cucumbers and cupcakes
(I never forgave myself for nibbling)
I am from straight A's
from the written page and world's beyond mine
from siblings I can't stop loving
and the one that got away.
I am from Bible verses.
from the backs of horses
to behind the wheel and still afraid
I am from long hugs and lots of tears.
I am from Mona Moose and shadylane.
I am from counting hours and touching hearts
with truth.
from biting heels and sharing words.
I am from true love.
from our park and first kisses and life together.
I am from creativity
a place I cannot let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment